XPO Cares is here to help employees get through difficult situations that may happen from time to time. If you’re here and need help, we want to ensure that you have the information you need to effectively navigate the application process. Below you’ll find an overview of what is eligible for the program and a few FAQs that will help you apply.
We’re here to help. If you are in a difficult situation and need assistance, the first step is to determine if you qualify for assistance from XPO Cares. Some questions to ask include: 1) Am I a qualifying employee? 2) Do I have a qualifying event? 3) Are my expenses eligible? While there is a vetting process to ensure eligibility for the program, the initial qualifiers are that simple. Let’s find out if you may be eligible based on these questions.
What are the eligible events?
Some examples of eligible disaster events include:
- Natural Disaster (e.g. Hurricane, Wildfire, Flood)
- Terroristic or Military Action
- Disaster Resulting from an Accident on a Common Carrier
What are the eligible expenses?
Some examples of eligible expenses include:
- Food and clothing for disaster-related assistance
- Basic household goods
- Housing-related assistance, including, but not limited to, reasonable repairs, mortgage and rent payments
- Basic transportation (not including routine maintenance)
- Disaster-related evacuation expenses
What are ineligible expenses?
The following are examples of expenses that DO NOT qualify for assistance:
- Lost compensation due to reduced hours or missed time from work
- Legal fees, garnishments or expenses associated with divorce or custody cases such as loss of alimony
- Credit card or personal loan debt
- Elective medical procedures, expenses or denied health insurance claims
- Insurance premiums or items covered by insurance policies
- Routine automobile/home repair or those due to deferred maintenance
The event and expenses must have occurred after the applicant's hire date and within twelve months of the eligible event's occurrence. For short-term evacuation expenses related to a catastrophic disaster, an employee must submit the request for assistance within 45 days of the event’s occurrence.
How to Apply
Step 1 Click the apply button - Create an online account or log in (if you have already created an account) to access the application page, complete the application with the requested information.
Step 2 Submit your application - Complete the requested information and upload the required supporting document and submit for review.
Step 3 Breath Easier - A grant specialist will review your application and contact you if more information is required.
What Happens Next
Once your application is received you will receive a notification confirming your application has been submitted. If additional information is necessary to move forward you will receive an email outlining what documentation our team needs. Upon receipt of all supporting documentation a grant specialist will review and make a decision regarding your request. If approved, a grant distribution will be made based on your payment preference selected in the application. Check back daily to see the progress of your application as it moves through the review process.